Don Purcell, CPA/PFS, CKA®
As a Stewardship Coach, I'm committed to helping people be good stewards over money and possessions. One definition of steward is a person whose job it is to manage the property of another person. I approach providing financial advice from the perspective of all that we've been given, our time, heart, and talent, is our treasure and belongs to someone else. We are charged with the responsibility of managing it to the best of our ability. This means avoiding schemes, scams, and pitfalls as well as being prepared to capitalize on opportunities as they arise.
I feel I glorify God by serving people through intelligent and objective financial advice based on the truth and wisdom of the Word. There are 2350 verses in the Bible about money and possessions where great wisdom can be found; "As the rich rule over the poor, so is the borrower a slave to the lender."(Prov. 22:7)
- I have over 35 years of experience as an auditor, a controller, and a tax return preparer, but now I focus on fee-based financial planning, investments, and risk management.
- The primary sources of new clients for me are referrals from clients and friends. These referrals have led me to become licensed and registered in multiple states.
- My commitment to excellence and dedication to integrity drive me to provide the highest standard of service, very often acting as a fiduciary on behalf of clients.
- Staff auditor for the accounting firm of KMPG Peat Marwick.
- First ever Controller for the Florida-based law firm of Akerman Senterfitt
- Founder of a public accounting practice in 1988 focusing on tax compliance and tax planning.
- Registered Representative, 1995
- Exited the tax compliance practice to focus full time on fee-based financial planning, investments, and risk management in 2004.
- Member American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- City of Winter Springs, FL
- Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Committee (2013 – 2014)
- Treasurer, MulliganLife – a Florida non-profit ministry (2011)
- Chairman, True North Foundation (2009-10)
- Board of directors for the Oviedo Chamber of Commerce (1993)
- Board of directors for the Maitland Chamber of Commerce (1995)
Awards, Honors and Achievements
- Presidential Award of Appreciation from the Orlando Jaycees (1988)
- Mutual of New York (MONY):
- New Associate of the Year (The MONY Group, Orlando-1996)
- Million Dollar Round Table
- Court of the Table (2005)
- Top of the Table (2006)
- Drake University B.S.B.A (Accounting-1981)
- Post Baccalaureate studies at Harvard University (2003-09)
- Certified Public Accountant (1982 - Present)
- Personal Financial Specialist (2006 - Present)
- Accredited Tax Planning Specialist (1994 - 2005)